Monday, February 22, 2021

Not Lazy, just trying to survive latest "Weak Day"

I haven't been feeling very productive lately! When this happens the saying; "I am not lazy just exhausted from doing things you take for granted." tends to run through my mind. This helping me realize it's okay to do absolutely nothing if at the time Becker Muscular Dystrophy is getting the best of me. Unfortunately, I am the one to blame for experiencing yet another "Weak Day".


My first mistake was exercising two days in a row, when doctors have always told me it's best to exercise every other day. Then I felt guilty as I hadn't cleaned under our bed for a while which led to me vacuuming & swiffering the entire room. The next day I cleaned the bathroom which completely which completely destroyed me physically.


At times I am amazed at all the things I used to do that now take a major toll on me. I just really need to spread these strenuous activities out so I don't find my self in recovery mode all the time. I need to be accepting of my reality of not being able to live life like I used too. Especially when it comes to household cleaning. And to not feel guilty for having days where I just take it easy. I simply can't expect myself to be like everyone else and I need to learn to be okay with that.