Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Sometimes it's okay to give up!

My biggest flaw in life is being a perfectionist. See I put a lot of effort into everything I do. I also tend to get frustrated when my hard work doesn't pay off. Like most I hope to be successful in life. In my case if things don't go as planned I make the mistake of letting it get to me, even though I already know life is full of failure as well as success.

Sometimes I truly hate being the creative type, I always have to be creating or doing something that makes me feel productive. This often results in me designing anything from shirts to freshening up my blog posts. I often draw up house designs of home's I will never be able to own. You could say I am a big dreamer and like most I would be lying if I didn't admit I want my dreams to come true.

As a man I also feel the need to try and fix all my problems, since having to stop working due to Muscular Dystrophy I've still been steadily trying to find ways of earning an income instead of having to rely on support from something known as ODSP. At times I simply try too hard, maybe harder than I should when it would be better for me to relax and just take it easy.

This is why I think I have to learn to give up, to just do my best and not place so much pressure on myself to be successful in everything I do. That's why I say sometimes it's okay to give up. Now does this mean I will just give up completely and stop trying? No it just means doing my best to be happy even if things don't go as planned, after all life is unpredictable and success isn't always guaranteed.

Continue reading My Beckers Story