Thursday, December 11, 2014

Brad's Ultimate Christmas Wish List

Well it's that time of year again when gift giving is in season. So in keeping with the season here's my Ultimate Wish List. Sure a genie in a bottle will never appear and grant me any of these wishes but why not dream a little right? Well to be honest I was actually tempted to call this my list of things I more than likely will never be able to have. As that would make for a very long blog post title we will just call this Brad's Ultimate Christmas Wish List. So just for fun here it is.


First on my list would have to be the 2015 Toyota Sienna Dub Edition. A mini-van that sure stands out in the crowd. The main reason I want a Toyota Sienna is due to the fact that it is much easier to get in and out of then my current subcompact car. The Sienna would solve so many issues and the fact that it could also hold a mobility scooter makes it the perfect vehicle to suit my needs. It also doesn't hurt that the Toyota Sienna is one of the best looking mini-vans out there especially when it comes the amazing Dub Edition which appeared at this years SEMA show. Sure it is a one off custom version but it would suit me just fine. Approximate value well over $60,000.


Second would have to be owning a home and being mortgage free. Owning a fully accessible home build to suit my current and even my future needs would be amazing. Sure it wouldn't be cheap but hey this is a wish list so reality really doesn't matter right? The dream is to own a bungalow as climbing stairs is a lot more difficult than it used to be. This would make life so much easier. Add in an attached garage with an entrance into the home and I'd be living in heaven. This would result in no more worrying about slipping and falling or clearing my driveway during the winter time. Best of all no more cleaning off the car during the winter season. The home you see above is a fully accessible home and would cost a well over $300,000. Anyways one can dream.

Being a huge Motorsports fan I would love to have an Xbox One with every racing title ever produced for that gaming system. You see as a child it was my dream to become a professional race car driver. That dream never came true as a result of having Muscular Dystrophy but playing racing games allows it to come true - just in a different way. Now I wouldn't spend all my time playing racing games add in NHL 2015 and I can have gaming nights with friends. Along with the Xbox One add in a 50 inch LED HDTV with surround sound and you have gaming perfection. This might be the cheapest of all my wishes but highly worth it.

My biggest hope and dream is to one day see a cure found for all forms of Muscular Dystrophy. I am guessing that should be an obvious choice especially since I have been living with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy since the age of 10.  I am sure that this is a hope and dream of so many like the family and friends of those affected by Muscular Dystrophy. Yes this wish should have been number one and it actually is for so many of us. It reminds me of the old Master Card TV commercial as the cost of this dream would be priceless! The hope is that this one comes true within the next few years and I believe anything is possible. The picture found here is from the Halos for Muscular Dystrophy Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment