Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The 2014 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy

Team Brad at the 2014 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy
When it comes to living with Muscular Dystrophy I have been on a mission to raise awareness within my community. Over the weekend I had a great opportunity to raise awareness by joined my local Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. This year I had the honor of being the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy Ambassador which was truly amazing. On the day of the event the weather was perfect and included clear skies and summer like conditions. It was Team Brad's fifth year joining together in support of the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy and it meant so much to me to be surround by my family and friends on such a beautiful day. I really have to thank all my family and friends who were able to join Team Brad this year. To those who were able to donate to Team Brad's fundraising efforts this year thank you. Because of you Team Brad was able to raise over $1400 in support of Muscular Dystrophy Canada. In total the 2014 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy raised just over $41,000 which is amazing!
Meeting Ricky Tsang
The best thing about joining the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy is the opportunity to meet others including a few friends I meet through Facebook. I had the chance to meet Ricky Tsang a young man living with Duchenne who also spoke at this years event. He did and amazing job and I really enjoyed listening to his speech. He is a really nice guy and it was great to be able to meet his parents as well. I also met a good friend Jocelyn who I met on Facebook after last years event. As you can see when you join an event like the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy you have a great opportunity to meet and connect with others which is something I truly enjoy.    
Team Brad wins the 2014 Team Spirit Award

The Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy turned out to be an amazing day spent together with family and friends. This year we were lucky enough to win this years Team Spirit Award. I really have to thank everyone on Team Brad for their efforts which helped us win this award. Great job! I can't wait till we do it all over again next year. Again thank you to everyone on Team Brad for making it another year to remember!

Related Posts:

  
Join My Becker's Story on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment