Monday, December 30, 2013

Thank you for all the support in 2013

The 2013 Walk for Muscular Dystrophy turned out to be the highlight of the year. 
When it comes to the My Becker's Story blog in 2013 I am so happy to be able to say that it turned out to be an amazing year. Best of all it was filled with many great opportunities to help raise awareness about Muscular Dystrophy. The true highlight of the year involved witnessing the growth of Team Brad's efforts in supporting the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. Not only did we see a increase in team members but in fund raising as well. Plenty of thanks has to go to my family and friends for their support in 2013 we couldn't have done it with out you. I also wish to thank my friend Kim aka Chosen who supported Team Brad with the release of her debut CD. To my good friend and fellow BMDer who also happens to be named Brad - I want to thank you and your family for all your efforts in supporting Team Brad in 2013. It was great to meet you and your family and I really hope to see you again in May. I would also like to thank Sanjin who while in Australia supported and joined the Team helping us reach our fund raising goal. Looking back the best thing about being a part of this years Walk for Muscular Dystrophy was the opportunity to be  surrounded by my family and friends.
 
What I am most thankful for in 2013 is for those who have joined my efforts to raise more awareness about Becker Muscular Dystrophy. Thank you to everyone for sharing and liking blog posts from the My Becker's Story blog. Thank you for playing a vital role in helping us raise awareness about Muscular Dystrophy. Thank you for supporting the goal of joining  "Together" as a unified voice in raising awareness and connecting others living with Muscular Dystrophy. I also have to thank those who helped support the very first Becker Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Week  including the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign in the UK and my good friend Andrew Bloomfield. Your support helped to make the very first  Becker Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Week a huge success. I am really looking forward to doing it all over again in the new year. I am sure with everyone's support that 2014 will be another great year not only for me but the entire MD community. In the end 2013 was an amazing year my only hope is that next year is filled with many different types of opportunities. I guess we will have to wait and see.
 
Here are a  few of my personal goals for 2014.
 
-To repeat the success Team Brad saw at the Walk for Muscular Dystrophy in 2013.
 
-To help give others the opportunity to share their stories in an effort to help raise awareness about the many forms of Muscular Dystrophy.  

 -To purchase a lifter chair. Something I have been in need of for a long time.
 
-To finally win enough money in the lottery so I can afford to build myself a fully accessible home.

-To help connect and offer support to everyone affected by Muscular Dystrophy.


In 2014 the goal is to show the world that we are all in this "Together".
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment