Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Team Brad - Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy

The 2013 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy took place on May 26th and like the year before was another huge success! This year marked the 4th year of Team Brad's involvement with the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. We couldn't have asked for better weather conditions as they were perfect for what turned out to be another amazing day. Many people from the surrounding communities joined in this year's Walk and the turn out was great. I am happy to announce that thanks to the overwhelming support of so many great people for the first time ever Team Brad was able to reach and even exceed it`s total fundraising goal. In total Team Brad raised $2243 in support of this years Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. I am so thankful for the support of so many great people including local rap artist and friend Chosen who helped to support Team Brad by donating a portions of her CD sales to the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy.
Kim aka Chosen & Brad
The biggest highlight of this year's walk was the support I receive from so many of my friends who chose to fundraise and join Team Brad. I also had the opportunity this year to meet with my good friend Brad who is also living Becker's Muscular Dystrophy who drove about an hour to be a part of the walk and Team Brad. If there was one word to sum up the 2013 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy it would be amazing and I can't wait to be a part of this wonderful event next year. Again I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to donate and raise funds in support of Team Brad and the 2013 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. I really hope you will join us again next year.
As a member of the planning committee this year I took the time to speak and thank everyone for joining us at the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy.
Once again I joined as a member of this year's walk planning committee and was simply amazed by the support we received from the local community. We added many new sponsors in 2013 including Durham Medical, Hard-Co Construction and Sand & Gravel, Honey & Tea Café, Black Axe Fire Gear, The Pickering Town Centre, ReStore Disc Repair, Ontario Hyundai, Tim Horton's and for the first time the My Becker's Story blog donated a prize in support of this years walk. In total the 2013 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy helped to raise over $38,000 in support of Muscular Dystrophy Canada’s efforts to make a difference in the lives of Canadian’s living with neuromuscular disorders. I can't tell you enough how proud I am to be a part of a community event like the Walk for
 Muscular Dystrophy.

Here are a few photos from the Walk which were taken courtesy of SeRVe Photography of Team Brad at the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy.

Team Brad at the 2013 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy.
My friend who is also named Brad with his wife joined Team Brad for the first time this year.
My friend Rob from ReStore Disc Repair signing the "Share why you care" banner.
My Brother pro-angler Carey Miller taking video of Team Brad at this years walk.
Helping to give a friend directions to Heydenshore Park in Whitby where the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy takes place.
So happy that my good friend who is also named Brad joined us this year. It's always great to connect with others living with Becker Muscular Dystrophy.
  
Thank you to all my family & friends and everyone who helped to make the 2013 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy such a huge success.
Thank you for supporting Team Brad.

Related Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment