Monday, December 17, 2012

My Becker's Story: 2012 Year in Review

The My Becker's Story blog in 2012
When it comes to 2012 the My Becker's Story blog had an amazing year. I am so happy that the year was filled with many great opportunities to raise even more awareness about Becker Muscular Dystrophy. After all that what the My Becker's Story blog is all raising awareness and make a difference in the lives of everyone affected by Muscular Dystrophy. Getting to know so many great people over the last year has meant a lot to me. I am so thankful for every opportunity I get to connect with fellow BMDer's and even the mothers of children living with Becker Muscular Dystrophy. I am so glad that we are able to join "Together" to share our stories and help each other along the way.
BMD related web pages & events
There's no doubt that 2012 was a great year for the entire BMD community. If we have anyone to thank for helping to grow our community it is those who took the time to put on this year's Becker Muscular Dystrophy conference. This event really helps to connect those living with BMD from around the world. This year's conference was very informative and resulted in the growth of many existing Becker Muscular Dystrophy related Facebook pages. We even saw the introduction of many new pages including the BMDer's Facebook page. In 2012 we also saw the introduction of the first ever Becker Muscular Dystrophy Mentoring Program created by BeckerMD.org. I am actually enrolled in this mentoring program and find it a true privilege being able to connect with some one locally. Looking back over the year you can see not only was it a great year for the My Becker's Story blog but the entire Becker Muscular Dystrophy community. 
The 2012 Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy
When it comes to my efforts to raise awareness about Muscular Dystrophy throughout the year I was lucky to have many great opportunities to share my story. This includes the opportunity to speak on behalf of Muscular Dystrophy Canada at a local Government office with aim of raising awareness about the Durham Region Walk for Muscular Dystrophy. An event which I enjoy being a part of as it gives those within my community including myself the chance to connect with other's. This helps to make my local Walk for Muscular Dystrophy an event I look forward to each and every year. In 2012 I am also thankful that I also had the opportunity to complete a few guest posts including one for Muscular Dystrophy Canada's all-new blog. This year I also enjoyed being a part of the MDA Transition Center's blog team creating posts for what has become a great resource for teens and young adults living with neuromuscular diseases. Both these opportunities have given me the chance to raise even more awareness about Becker Muscular Dystrophy. When it comes down to it I am extremely grateful to everyone who has played a huge role in my ability to raise awareness. To everyone who follows the My Becker's Story blog on Facebook and Twitter I have to thank you as well for sharing my blog posts with your family and friends.       
 
My hope for the My Becker's Story blog in 2013 remains the same and that is to raise even more awareness about Muscular Dystrophy and the issues people with disabilities face. I also look forward to bringing you more stories about my life and what it is like living with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy. 
 
I want to thank everyone who helped make 2012 such an amazing year! Thank you for supporting & following the My Becker's Story blog!
 
 

"Together" we are making a difference!

 
 
 
 
Top Guest blog posts of 2012:

 
http://my-beckers-story.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html
Join the My Becker's Story blog on social media
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment