Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sharing My Story Open and Honestly

The goal of the My Becker's Story blog is to share my story open and honestly with the hope of raising awareness about Becker's Muscular Dystrophy. This is why I aim to share the entire story. You see I truly believe that in life honesty is always best – it’s one of the main reasons why I will continue sharing everything including my frustrations, thoughts and concerns related to living with Muscular Dystrophy. Now over the years I have met a few people who say we should only focus on the positives in life which is good but I also believe that we can learn so much from life’s challenges as well. That is why I also aim to share each and every victory along with the challenges in life that I have overcome. After all I truly believe that we can all learn from each other’s experiences - that way when the time comes and others are facing a similar situation we can help them through it. It’s the main reason why I have chosen to share My Becker’s Story.
 

The benefits of sharing My Becker's Story

 
When it comes to sharing My Becker's Story the best part is having the opportunity to meet others. After all getting to know others is what sharing my story is all about and I am so thankful for those who take the time to share their stories as well. There’s no doubt that we have faced a few challenges along the way but many of us have also gone onto have successful careers, to have children and live life pretty much like anyone else. Some have even gone onto run successful businesses and some have even been lucky enough to travel around the world. This helps to prove that no matter our situations we can go onto lead successful lives. Sure there will be a few challenges along the way but we can still succeed. If I have learned anything over the last few years of sharing my story it’s that we need to make the most of our abilities. That is why I truly believe that no matter what we should always pursue our dreams.

Like most people I am also inspired when I hear stories about people who despite their situations have been able to accomplish amazing things. That is why I want to encourage you to answer the question you find below.

Question:

Have you or someone you know accomplished something amazing despite having a disability?

If so please feel free to share your story. Let us know what you had to overcome and what you have learned along the way. Share what you have gone on to accomplish or achieve. After all your experiences might just be the help someone else living with a disability or Muscular Dystrophy needs.
 
 
Related Posts:
My Childhood with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy ,
My Childhood with Muscular Dystrophy: School & Gym Class ,
Growing up with Muscular Dystrophy: The High School years ,
Life after being diagnosed with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy ,
Growing up with Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy as a teenager &
My Becker`s Story on Facebook: A great place to connect
 

http://my-beckers-story.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html
Join the My Becker's Story blog on social media
 


No comments:

Post a Comment