Monday, September 10, 2012

Joining in support of my brother at the Bassmania Classic

Pro Angler- Carey Miller
This past weekend my brother who is a professional angler took part in an event know as the 2012 Bassmania Classic Showdown. My brother has been competing professionally for years but this was my first time attending one of his tournament competitions. Over the years my concern was accessibility but it really wasn't an issue at all as the event organizers provide spectators with seating. This really impressed me and and truly helped me to have a great time. Plus it felt great to join together in support of a fellow family member. The same way my family joins me each and every year at my local Walk for Muscular Dystrophy.
 
If you have never attending a weigh in at a local fishing tournament it is actually quite a sight to see. What impressed me the most was all the anglers who joined the 2012 Bassmania Classic Showdown. It was amazing to see all the boats returning from what was for many a hard day of fishing out on Rice Lake in Hastings, Ontario. The large number of fishing boats really surprised me all I could see off in the distance was a parade of what looked to be almost 30 boats returning to the shore for the weigh in. I really enjoyed the entire event and the best thing about it was being able to join together with family in support of my brothers efforts. Joining my brother out on the waters this year was his long time fishing partner Andrew Jamieson. Here's what Carey had to say about the results of this years Bassmania Classic: "We had a great finish on day one and were in the top 20 for the final day. On day two everything fell apart and we had to work hard all day. Our perseverance rewarded us with the biggest Largemouth Bass of the day." He also goes onto say: "Thank you to all the family that made the trip to Hastings to support us at the Classic. Having a close and loving family is deeply satisfying." In the end it felt great to be a part of an event that was so important to my brother and I am so glad that I was able to attend. I also have to thank my brother who joins me every year at my local Walk for Muscular Dystrophy as it always feels great to have the support of family. I had a great time at the 2012 Bassmania Classic which turned out to be a great introduction to the world of professional fishing.
My brother wearing a Walk for Muscular Dystrophy T-Shirt at one of his Tournaments

My Brother at the 2012 Walk for Muscular Dystrophy - It is always great to have the support of family at such an important community event
 
For some amazing fishing video's check out Carey Miller Online
 




http://my-beckers-story.blogspot.com/p/contact-me.html
Join the My Becker's Story blog on social media
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment