Monday, August 27, 2012

My thoughts on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy charities

Various Duchenne Charities
When it comes to Muscular Dystrophy most of us already know that one of the most severe types is Duchenne as it affects a person’s voluntary muscles and involves the heart and breathing muscles in later stages. The facts are Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a serious muscle disorder that not only affects the individual but their families as well. This could also be said about each and every from of Muscular Dystrophy out there. That's is why it is so easy to understand why the parents of those living with Duchenne take this so seriously. If you were to search the Internet today you will find many organizations with the sole purpose of focusing on the needs of those affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. At first living with Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy I felt like I was somehow being left out but I also understand their reasoning for wanting to focus only on the most severe type of this muscle disorder. I am sure it’s easy to understand that the parents of those living with Duchenne or other forms are also in a battle against Muscular Dystrophy. So it makes sense as to why they are willing to do anything it takes to save their sons lives. Their sole purpose is to find a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which is also the goal of many organizations across the globe. And even though their focus is only on the most severe form of Muscular Dystrophy in the end I believe it is a good thing for all of us. I truly believe that if we are able to find a cure for Duchenne then a cure for each and every other form will follow. As we all know this is the dream of so many people.

My only hope is that no matter what form of Muscular Dystrophy someone has that we might all take the time to understand each other’s struggles. Sure some effects of Muscular Dystrophy on others can be much more severe but that doesn't make the other conditions less important. I'm sure we can all agree we are all in this together and a cure is what we are all after. That’s why I really enjoy joining with others with different types of Muscular Dystrophy at local community events and fundraisers. It's our one chance to join together in support of each other. But still there are many people who still feel all alone in their battle with Muscular Dystrophy that’s why my aim is to make them feel like a part of this entire community. You see there is nothing wrong with having specific condition related events or organizations as long as we continue supporting each other. If you are here at the My Becker’s Story blog you already know that my focus is on telling my story about what it is like living with Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy - but I also enjoy meeting others who are affected by other types of MD as well. As I believe that all of our stories are important and in the end no matter what form of Muscular Dystrophy you have we are all in this "Together".


"TOGETHER WE CAN CURE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY!"


To learn more about Duchenne as well as other types of Muscular Dystrophy please
 (Click Here)



No comments:

Post a Comment