Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Check out the "Life with Muscular Dystrophy" blog

If you haven’t seen Dan’s website, Life with Muscular Dystrophy, then check it out.
You see after I started the My Becker’s Story blog Dan was the very first person with Becker Muscular Dystrophy that I had ever met. Over the last few years I have learned a lot from reading Dan’s blog posts. Dan has gone onto do amazing things despite his Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy including being a world traveler. His positive attitude throughout everything is very inspiring.
Dan proves that just because you are in a wheelchair it doesn’t mean your life is over. As Dan has said many times; “Once I started using a wheelchair my life seemed to take a huge jump upward since it made more things possible. I’d have to say that from a mobility, freedom, independence and stress standpoint I am probably better off now than I was 10 years ago.” I am glad to call Dan a great friend and I am happy to have had the privilege of collaborating with him on the Muscular Dystrophy perspective series.
Another reason why I enjoy reading Dan's blog is the fact that he is a full-time wheelchair user and I believe that when the time comes for me to take the next step in my progression that his posts will help me through. In the end Dan doesn’t let anything hold him back in life. I am sure you will enjoy all the Life with Muscular Dystrophy blog has to offer.
So please check it out!

Related Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment