Friday, July 27, 2012

We are in this "together"

When it comes to living with Muscular Dystrophy I truly believe that we are all in this together. To me it doesn’t matter what condition you have whether it’s Becker’s, Limb Girdle or even Duchenne whatever it might be I really believe that we are in this together. After all we are chasing after the same dream and that is to one day find a cure for each and every form of Muscular Dystrophy. Over the last few years the best thing about being able to share my story is getting to meet a wide range of people living with Muscular Dystrophy. It has been very helpful especially in those times when I am facing a few of the challenges that go along with this. When it comes to living with any condition I really believe being able to connect with others can make all the difference. When I first started sharing my story over three years ago I had never met another person living with Muscular Dystrophy. Thanks to the My Becker’s Story blog I have been able to meet so many new people and become more involved in raising awareness about the issues we face. One of the things I enjoy most is hearing others people’s stories and I am always amazed to learn how similar our lives can be at times. The truth is being able to join together with others living with Muscular Dystrophy has really changed my life. To my surprise I've even been able to connect with people outside of the muscular dystrophy community who can relate to what we are going through. I think it’s truly amazing being able to raise awareness and connect with a wide range of people. And even though the focus of the My Becker's Story blog is on Becker's I am so glad to see those with other forms of Muscular Dystrophy joining in as well. I can’t tell you enough how much it means to me. That is why I want to thank everyone for joining me here at My Becker’s Story blog. In the end its all about joining together to raise awareness about Muscular Dystrophy and the issues we face.

When it comes down to it we are all in this "Together"


Please join the My Becker's Story blog on Facebook "A great place to connect"

Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment