Friday, February 24, 2012

Brad's Auto Reviews: The Canadian International Auto Show

When it comes to my love for cars the month of February has always been the one time of the year that I look forward to the most. This is the time of the year when the Canadian International Auto Show takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. When I was much younger going to the Auto Show was yearly tradition. Thinking back I really can’t believe that the last time I went to the Canadian International Auto Show was over 12 years ago. The main reason I stopped going was due to the issues I face related to living with Muscular Dystrophy. In recent years I have been trying to avoid putting myself in situations that can be physically demanding. I can admit that I would benefit from the use of a mobility scooter in these types of situations but I've found that if I pace myself most times I am ok. So this year I made the decision that I was going to the 2012 Canadian International Auto Show.  

My plan for attending this year’s Auto Show was to take it easy and that if I happened to get tired that it was ok for me to leave. The second part of my plan was to take as many pictures as possible to make the whole experience worth it. Sure I was in for a day filled with walking but nothing was going to hold me back from attending this year’s Auto Show. I am sure many of you already know that I am really passionate about cars so you can understand why going to the Canadian International Auto Show was important to me. This was the first time in years that’s I was really excited about the Auto Show. The excitement for me revolved around the opportunity of getting to see all the new cars that had recently been introduced. Another reason I was really looking forward to this year's Auto Show was the fact that I was lucky enough to receive a special invite to an early morning Auto Show preview event hosted by Scion Canada. To me this was a big deal as I was really looking forward to having the chance of being able to take a closer look at their highly anticipated new sports car the 2012 Scion FR-S. As an aspiring automotive journalist you can understand why I was looking forward to this opportunity sadly though things didn’t quite work out as planned. You see the day of this event winter decided to make an early morning return. The next thing I know I'm stuck driving in a winter wonderland, conditions were so bad that a few cars had actually spun out on the side of the road. With road conditions worsening by the minute I decided that instead of putting myself in a bad situation that it was better to return home. I was a little frustrated but there was really nothing I could do. Thankfully the weather forecast for the next day called for clear skies and at that point I would again attempt to make it down to the Auto Show.
Acura NSX Concept                                          Mazda CX-5
When I finally made my way to the 2012 Canadian International Auto Show I was very happy to have the chance to see a few of the cars that had recently been revealed. A few of the vehicles I couldn’t wait to see was the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion, the 2015 Acura NSX Concept and the all-new Mazda CX-5. When arrived at the Auto Show the first task was to find parking, after that I picked up my ticket and I was on my way. The first stop was at the Dodge display where I came across the 2013 Dodge Dart a very good looking car that I believe will be a huge success. Next up was the star of the show the visually striking all-new Acura NSX Concept which had no trouble drawing very large crowds. My favorite car of the entire show had to be Jaguar’s C-X16 Concept which is a vehicle that I really hope makes it into production. Eventually I made my way to Lexus display where I found the awe-inspiring Lexus LFA the one super car that I could only dream of driving one day.
Nissan GT-R                                     Jaguar C-X16
After I made my way through the crowds I found myself at the Nissan GT-R display this is a car that was created to give super cars a run for their money. After a few hours spent at the Auto Show I ended up at the display of the MV-1 the accessible vehicle that I reviewed for Autos.ca. At this point I took a little bit of a break and that's when I decided it was time to call it a day. My only regret is that I was too tired to check out the Auto Exotica display which featured a few cars that I would have liked to have seen such as the Ferrari 458 Italia and the all-new Lamborghini Aventador. At this point in the day I decided it wasn’t worth it to push myself any further physically – after all I still had to make the long drive home. And even though I had to end my day at the Auto Show a bit earlier than expected I am still happy that I made my way to the 2012 Canadian International Auto Show.

To view a few more of the pictures that were taken at the Auto Show please
(Click Here)

Related post:



No comments:

Post a Comment