Friday, January 27, 2012

Local couple wins $50 million Lotto Max jackpot!

First off I know you might be thinking what does this have to do with living with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy. But it actually has a lot to do with it since many of us wish we could win the lottery since for many of us it would enable us to purchase everything we need to help make our day to day lives a bit easier. When a local couple won the lottery I started thinking about what I would do if this happened to me. Like many of us with physical limitations I would go out and buy a more accessible vehicle or even a bungalow home which would be set up to meet all of my specific needs.

When it comes to playing the lottery for many of us winning will always remain a dream. And I am pretty sure we can all admit that hitting it big in the lottery is highly unlikely, this is why I was surprised when I heard that a local couple beat the odds and won $50 million. Many of us we could only imagine what it would be like to have that kind of money. I guess that is why so many of us play. Sure we know the odds are against us but we ignore this fact since a major win would change many of our lives. The couple who won in my city in an interview said that their dream of becoming home owners will now become reality. I know if I was in their shoes and had $50 million in the bank I really wouldn’t know what to do with it. That’s more than enough money for one person and the possibilities of what you could do with that kind of cash would be endless. You could take care of all your family and friends and you would still have plenty left over. I know I would donate a large amount of money to charity starting with Muscular Dystrophy Canada. I would have to try my best to avoid wasting money on cars and homes and instead use most of it to help others by donating funds to local food banks and charities. I really hope that’s on the agenda of those who have been lucky enough to win such a huge Lotto Max jackpot. In the end there’s no question millions of dollars would change all of our lives. Actually as I write this post tonight’s Lotto Max jackpot is an estimates $50 Million. And yes I do have a ticket for tonight's draw and like so many of us I am hoping tonight’s the night. But for many of us winning millions of dollars will only remain a dream. Now if someone is actually lucky enough to win tonight’s jackpot I hope they are as deserving as the couple who won in my city. Anyways good luck to those who bought a ticket you never know right?

If I am ever lucky enough to win I can't wait to move into a fully accessible bungalow like the one pictured below.

Photo from accessible home builder Kingsway Forest


Related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment