Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brad's Auto Reviews: 2011 Scion xD

Great vehicles for people with disabilities
2011 Scion xD

Recently I was given the opportunity to drive the 2011 Scion xD, and I had just three days to find out what makes this a great vehicle for those of us with disabilities. When I picked up this vehicle it was a cold winters day, it was actually December 20th just five days before Christmas. And after driving my little old Toyota Tercel I viewed the Scion xD as an early Christmas present, that sadly I would have to return in just three days. What caught my eye about this Scion was the way it seemed to sit just a little higher then other vehicle’s in it’s class. And once I was behind the wheel I discovered that thanks to the height and placement of the front and rear seats that the Scion xD is a very easy vehicle to get in and out of. And when it came to daily use I was very impressed with how easy it made my life. One of the best features of this Scion is it’s rear hatch, which went a long way in eliminating a lot of issue’s I face with my current vehicle. The rear hatch makes the cargo area very accessible, for me trips to the local grocery store were made easier, since driving a vehicle with a rear hatch resulted in me no longer having to struggle when getting things in and out of the rear of a vehicle.

When it comes to the interior of the xD I found the seats to be very comfortable and found that they offered great support ever during longer road trips. In the rear the seats fold flat and actually also recline a little allowing rear passengers to relax. I found the interior provided a great amount of quality materials and the lay out of the dash made the Scion xD a very user friendly daily driver. When it comes to the interior I really enjoyed being behind the wheel of the xD, as I found that it was very easy to access the cruise control, and climate control buttons. And even better the Multifunctional audio Controls located on the steering wheel made using the audio system a very easy task. I really found the standard Pioneer Audio System offered great sound quality and the USB plug in option was a great feature since it allowed me to listen to the music on my MP3 player. Another part of the interior that impressed me was the dual glove box, which worked perfectly and I found both compartments easy to use, even when both were open at the same time. When it comes down to it I found the Scion xD offered an appropriate amount of cargo room for all my needs.

2011 Scion xD
The 2011 Scion xD comes equipped with six standard air bags, and also includes standard safety features such as ABS, Vehicle Stability Control and even Brake Assist. Another great feature of the xD is that it also comes with standard side impact beams which go a long way in protecting vehicle occupants in the event of a crash. With all these features it's not only a great vehicle for those with disabilities but anyone who is looking into purchasing a new vehicle. I really believe that this Scion is a really great looking vehicle, that offers many unique features and options. I'd have to say I really enjoyed my time with the 2011 Scion xD, and I was very impressed by it’s 1.8-liter engine that provided more than adequate acceleration along with great fuel economy. But one of the best things about my time with this Scion was it resulted in the elimination of one the biggest problems I face living with a disability. You see for the first time in years and sadly for just three days I no longer had to struggle getting in and out of a vehicle. For those three days I was very happy to drive the xD since it provided me with the perfect ride height, this allowing me to just slide in and out of the drivers seat, this resulting in me having more energy to make it through the day. This in it self makes the 2011 Scion xD a great vehicle for people with disabilities. So if you're looking for a great vehicle that will make your life easier then I have to recommend you take a look at the 2011 Scion xD.

Accessibility rating 5/5
for:
-Ride height/seat position
-Quality of product
-Unique features & Options
-Standard safety features
-Cargo room

A big thank you to Scion Canada for allowing me to spend a few days test driving the 2011 Scion xD for the purposes of my review.

http://www.scionnation.ca/scion

Related posts:
Top 10 Vehicles for people with physical disabilities ,

 
Please visit Brad's Auto Reviews by clicking on the image below

No comments:

Post a Comment