Monday, November 29, 2010

Brad's Auto Reviews: 2012 Chevrolet Equinox

Great vehicles for people with disabilities
2012 Chevrolet Equinox
When it comes to vehicles that are viewed as great vehicles for those of us with disabilities, these days many vehicles come to mind. Previously I have completed reviews of the Nissan Juke, Mazda 5Toyota Sienna and even the Honda Fit. Today I would like to take a look at the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox, sure it's an SUV but it might surprise you how great of a vehicle this is for those of us with mobility issues. Recently I visited my local Chevrolet Dealership and took sometime to look at the all new Equinox, I was very impressed. I only have great things to say about the interior, first off the way the dashboard has been set up to surround you putting everything at your finger tips making it very easy to access the radio, cruise control, and climate control buttons.
Interior - 2012 Chevrolet Equinox
Unlike smaller sized SUV's the 2012 Equinox gives buyers plenty of cargo room and with the rear lift gate opened it becomes very easy placing items inside, and there is more than enough room for you to put your groceries or even a small sized mobility device such as a collapsible scooter or walker. And even if you require the use of a full size mobility scooter you don't have to worry since a company by the name of tilt-a-rack now sells a device that you just attach to your vehicle's trailer hitch, it's simply a rack that you flip down, once flat you can then put the ramp down and place your mobility scooter on the rack. This makes pretty much any vehicle that you might find that works best for you and your disability a great vehicle for those with disabilities who use large size mobility scooters.

OnStar feature
 When it comes to the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox, I'd have to say I am very impressed, along with being a great vehicle for those with mobility issue's it also offers a really great safety feature that goes a long way in helping those of us with disabilities. This feature is known as OnStar, and with a touch of a button you're connected to a live advisor who can help you along your way with Turn-by-Turn Directions. The OnStar system also features hands free calling, but one of it's best features for those of us with disabilities is that if we ever run into an emergency we can press OnStar's red Emergency button and we will automatically connected to a specially trained emergency advisor. With a feature like OnStar one can relax knowing if they ever run into a problem OnStar can send help right away. For me this feature would really help me immensely since having Becker's Muscular Dystrophy takes away my ability to change a flat tire or walk a long distance if I ever ran out of fuel. So when it comes down to it I believe that if you're looking for a new vehicle and you have a disability you may want to look at the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox.
Accessibility rating 5/5
for:
-Ride height/seat position
-Cargo Room
-Trailer hitch option for tilt-a-rack
-Standard Safety features
-OnStar

A big thank you to Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac for allowing me to test drive the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox for the purposes of my review.


Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac is located at:

1530 Dundas Street East, Whitby, Ontario L1P 1Z1

1-866-981-7887
http://www.billnurse.com/

Related posts:
Top 10 Vehicles for people with physical disabilities ,

You may also want to read:
 
Please visit Brad's Auto Reviews by clicking on the image below

2 comments:

  1. While I agree with your blog there is one issue with the Equinox which Chevy is not making too public. Free about 5000 klm on my 2011 I noticed it started idling rough when in Eco Mode and progressively got worse. When I took it back to the dealership they informed me that Chevy had put out a bulletin claiming this rough idling was a factory default along with the slow response of the gas pedal when applied. While I get good fuel economy out of it I don't bother with Eco mode because it feels like my Equinox will conck out when at a set of lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crossover SUV is a nice Chevy to drive to the levy! Chevrolet Equinox has this highway fuel economy that is absolutely stupendous. Its versatility is exceptional as it can actually meet the demands of an active lifestyle. My cousin purchased that model a month ago. It’s just a pre-owned vehicle, but the vehicle’s condition is still on its top condition. Based from his experience, the driving feel was truly amazing because of its mobility.

    ReplyDelete